Many men and women are uncomfortable with the rapid contamination of their hair. Just a couple of hours after washing, the hairstyle becomes untidy, the roots stick together and look groomed. Oily scalp and hair loss are a serious problem that needs to be addressed comprehensively. A doctor’s consultation will certainly be needed to find out the cause of the violation and the ways to eliminate it. Without timely treatment, even baldness can occur.
If your hair becomes oily and falls out, then you have increased production of sebum. The sebaceous glands are located in the same layer of the skin as the follicles, they are very close to each other. Normally, secretions are produced in small quantities to create a protective film on the dermis and hairs. It prevents the propagation of pathogenic microflora, the penetration of ultraviolet rays, particles of dust, smoke and other contaminants.
If there is a lot of fat, it enters the hair sacs. This disrupts the metabolic processes inside the follicles, leading to their depletion. As a result, the strands begin to fall out, their growth slows down or even stops.
Bacteria and fungi multiply in the sebaceous layer, which leads to dandruff and seborrhea.
Various factors can provoke excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. In some cases, oily scalp and loss of strands can be the result of serious illnesses.
Also, such violations occur from the negative impact of the external environment or improper care. The most common causes are:
- gastrointestinal tract and liver diseases,
- hormonal disorders
- unbalanced nutrition
- excessive consumption of fatty, fried, salty, sweets and alcohol,
- lack of vitamins in the body,
- frequent stress and nervous strain.
Also, oily hair can be transmitted from parents to children. The activity of the sebaceous glands is embedded in our genetic code. If one of your relatives also suffers from this problem, it is likely that it is hereditary.
In some cases, excessive grease appears in adolescence when hormonal changes occur. It is associated with an increase in testosterone levels, passes after puberty.
What to do with excessive oily scalp should be decided by a trichologist. Before treating a violation, be sure to consult a specialist. He may prescribe additional studies with an endocrinologist, gastroenterologist and other doctors. It is very important to eliminate the cause of fat content. If this is not done, then the symptoms will return.
Treatment should be comprehensive. It may include medical and physiological therapy, the use of special cosmetics to care for oily scalp, stabilizing the diet and eliminating problems with the nervous system.
Be prepared that the results will not appear immediately, to completely get rid of the violation you need to complete the full course.
The hairline can become very oily due to a lack of vitamins in the body. For the same reason, hair loss occurs. When follicles receive less nutrients, the roots weaken, and the strands become very fragile.
To compensate for the deficiency of nutrients, you need to take special complexes designed to improve the condition of hair, skin and nails. In pharmacies you can find such drugs:
- "Vita Charm." A complex multivitamin supplement that can be taken in addition to other medical procedures. The composition includes vitamins A and group B.
- Merz. Special tablets contain vitamins A, E and B. They strengthen the hair follicles, stop hair loss, and trigger active growth of strands.
- Pantovigar. The complex contains keratin, cystine, yeast and vitamins. It restores the strands, promotes their growth, improves the scalp and normalizes the sebaceous glands.
- "Fitov." The drug, which contains not only vitamins, but also L-cystine, riboflavin, thiamine, calcium, medical yeast. These components eliminate the problem of prolapse and regulate sebum production.
It is worth paying attention to the intake of minerals. They are also very important for the health of curls and scalp. Take care of saturation of the body with iron, calcium, magnesium, iodine, phosphorus and other trace elements. They strengthen the roots, make the strands more resistant to the negative impact of the external environment.
Physiotherapeutic procedures will help stop the loss of fatty strands. Mesotherapy received the most positive reviews from doctors. Its essence lies in the injection of special vitamin cocktails under the skin. Nutrients penetrate directly to the follicles and sebaceous glands, therefore they quickly stop the loss and regulate the production of sebum.
For each patient, drugs are selected individually, and the doctor can leave them on their own. Enter funds using thin needles or a special scooter. To completely resolve the problems, you will need to take a course of procedures.
The number of sessions for each will be different, it depends on the initial state of the hair and the characteristics of the body.
Natural masks, prepared at home, can also be an excellent assistant in the elimination of fat and hair loss. However, keep in mind that they will not be able to help you on their own, funds have a positive effect only in the complex of therapy. You need to do them 1-2 times a week.
Homemade masks have many advantages. They do not have chemicals that can cause allergies or other unwanted reactions. Components for the funds are available to everyone, most of them can be found at home. It’s not difficult to prepare the compositions, it will not take much time.
Onions and hops
Squeeze the juice from two medium-sized onions, carefully filter it to completely remove the pulp. It is it that causes an unpleasant odor. Pour a glass of hop cones into a separate bowl, fill them with 0.5 l of water and simmer for 15 minutes. When the broth cools down, filter it through cheesecloth and mix with onion juice. We process the skin and the entire length of the strands with a product, put on a plastic cap, and wrap the head with a towel on top. Wash off after 40 minutes.
Onions have an irritating effect, it accelerates blood circulation in the dermis. This leads to the rapid saturation of the follicles with useful substances, the strengthening of the roots and the active growth of strands.
A decoction of hops perfectly cleanses pores, kills bacteria and fungi, regulates the sebaceous glands. After applying the mask, the hair will stay fresh longer, stop their loss.
Three tablespoons of blue clay pour purified water. The mass should, by consistency, resemble sour cream. We apply it to clean hair, immediately process the roots and dermis, and then the entire length. Leave the product under the film and towel for 40 minutes, rinse with water. Be sure to apply the balm, as the mask has drying properties.
The clay contains a lot of useful trace elements that stimulate the growth of strands, make them strong and healthy. In addition, the product has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties, it helps get rid of oily dandruff and seborrhea.
After applying the mask, the pores of the skin are cleaned, and the follicles are better saturated with nutrients.
Kefir and clay
In half a glass of fat homemade kefir, stir three tablespoons of blue or pink clay. We distribute the composition along the entire length of the strands, rub it into the skin with gentle massage movements. The mask should act for 40 minutes. Its effectiveness will increase if you wrap your head with plastic wrap and a towel. The rest of the product is washed off with warm water.
Kefir and clay are great for caring for combination strands that quickly oily at the roots and dry at the tips. Sour-milk product reduces the production of sebum, strengthens and restores curls. Clay fights pathogens and heals the dermis.
Therapeutic measures during the restoration of curls should be combined with proper care. Oily scalp needs special attention, so the hair very quickly becomes untidy. Experts recommend following these tips:
- Choose shampoos correctly. It is better to use professional products designed for oily hair. It is desirable that sulfates are not included.
- Do not wash your hair every day, this will not help solve the problem. The more often the fatty film is washed off, the more actively the glands will recreate it. It is better to postpone bath procedures in the morning or in the afternoon, as skin fat is more intensively produced at night.
- Do not use hot water to wash your hair, it increases the activity of the sebaceous glands and reveals the scales of hair. It is best to choose a cool temperature.
- Frequent combing and massage of the head also leads to increased fat production. Try to do these procedures as needed.
- To prevent curls from becoming fat at the roots, stop drying them with a hairdryer. Hot air, like water, increases the amount of sebum.
- Eat and consume vitamin complexes in the off-season. A sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals in the diet will normalize the condition of the strands and dermis.
- Avoid stress and nervous tension. Psychological disorders in almost all cases affect our appearance, therefore we need to protect ourselves from them as much as possible.
Try to refuse staining, lightening, perm and other traumatic procedures during treatment. Take care of protecting your hair from the scorching sun, dust, frost, wind and other negative factors.
If you do complex styling or hairstyle, give preference to styling cosmetics based on alcohol rather than oils.
If the strands began to quickly grease at the roots and fall out, be sure to contact a trichologist. The doctor will find out the cause of the violation and choose the best option to eliminate it. The treatment is carried out comprehensively, otherwise it will not be possible to achieve the goals.
You can’t ignore the problem in any case, as it can indicate serious illness and even cause baldness.